Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Levis School No. 1005 (RM of DeSalaberry)

The Levis School District was established in March 1899 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NW17-5-3E in the Rural Municipality of DeSalaberry. In 1961, it consolidated with Ste. Elizabeth School No. 1072 to form the Ste. Elizabeth Consolidated School No. 2396. No vestige of the former school building remains at the site.

Levis School

Levis School (no date) by A. A. Herriot
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-2, page 38.

Site Location (lat/long): N49.39763, W97.16479
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Morris East topographic map, 62H/6 East, Edition 2 ASE, 1958, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 8 February 2014

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.