This three-storey brick structure on Higgins Avenue in Winnipeg was designed and built in 1903 by H. Soucessie, at which time it was known as the Richelieu Hotel. It was renamed as the King’s Hotel by 1940 under the ownership of Drewry’s Brewery.
Kings Hotel (May 2017)
Source: George PennerSite Location (lat/long): N49.90338, W97.12608
denoted by symbol on the map above
Richelieu (King's) Hotel, 114 Higgins Avenue by Murray Peterson, Peterson Projects, February 2007.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 March 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | OtherInclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.Help us keep history alive!