Historic Sites of Manitoba: Karpaty School No. 1751 (RM of Grahamdale)
The Karpaty School District was established formally in June 1914 and, starting in 1916, it operated a school in the northwest quarter of 5-32-9 west of the Principal Meridian in the Rural Municipality of Grahamdale. The school closed in 1977. The school building is no longer present at the site but a sign commemorates it.
Among the teachers who worked at Karpaty School was Vic Woyna.
Photos & Coordinates
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 29 January 2021