Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop

Prairie History No. 1
Prairie
History

No. 1

Manitoba Photographers List
Manitoba
Photographers
List

Free Press Manitoba 150
Free Press
Manitoba
150

MHS YouTube Channel
MHS
YouTube
Channel

Manitoba Brick & Blocks
Manitoba
Bricks
& Blocks

Endangered Top 10
Endangered
Top 10
2019

Jens Munk at Churchill
Field Trip:
Churchill
2020

War Memorials in Manitoba
War
Memorials
in Manitoba

Fundraising Dinner 2020
MHS
Fundraising
Dinner
2020

This Old Elevator
This Old
Elevator

Abandoned Manitoba
Abandoned
Manitoba

Memorable Manitobans
Memorable
Manitobans

Historic Sites of Manitoba
Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Holy Trinity Anglican Church and Vicarage (Miniota, Municipality of Prairie View)

Link to:
Clerics | Photos & Coordinates | Sources

Holy Trinity Anglican Church was established in Miniota, in the Municipality of Prairie View, in February 1900, as part of the Anglican Diocese of Rupert’s Land. Services were first held in a hall over a hardware store, then at a neighboring Methodist Church. In 1908, a flour and feed store was purchased as a permanent place of worship and moved to its present location. In 1924, the church became part of the Brandon Diocese. In April 2005, the congregation of Holy Trinity was presented with an MHS Centennial Organization Award.

Clerics

Period

Cleric

1900

Rev. W. H. Cassup

1900-1910

Rev. Sidney D. Thomas

1910-?

Robert Elphinstone Park (1885-1971)

?-?

Rev. H. F. Blake

?-?

Rev. Mather

?-?

Rev. Bacon

?-1920

Rev. Butler

1920-?

Rev. Stoddart

?-?

Rev. Corkhill

1927-?

Rev. G. L. Armstrong

?-1930

Rev. R. E. Smith

1930-1934

Rev. W. E. Mason

1934-1935

Rev. F. C. Whittington

1935-?

Rev. H. L. Newton

?-1943

Rev. John Flagler

1943-1946

Rev. B. O. Whitfield

1946-1949

Rev. H. Oldfield

1949-1950

Rev. A. Whitbread

1950-1952

Rev. G. Rothery

1952-1953

Rev. W. J. Hunter

1953-1960

Rev. Gregory

1960-1963

Rev. Gedge

1963-?

Rev. John Pilling

Photos & Coordinates

Postcard view of the Holy Trinity Anglican Church (left) and its associated vicarage (right), the former constructed in 1908 from a flour and feed store

Postcard view of the Holy Trinity Anglican Church (left) and its associated vicarage (right), the former constructed in 1908 from a flour and feed store (circa 1910)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough, 2015-0092

Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Miniota

Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Miniota (April 2005)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Miniota

Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Miniota (June 2019)
Source: George Penner

Interior of Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Miniota

Interior of Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Miniota (April 2005)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Vicarage of Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Miniota

Vicarage of Holy Trinity Anglican Church at Miniota (June 2019)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.14088, W101.02991
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

MHS Centennial Organization: Holy Trinity Anglican Church

Sources:

Bridging the Years: 1879-1967 by Miniota Women’s Institute, c1967, pages 143-146.

We thank George Penner for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 13 April 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.