Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


MHS Centennial Organization: Holy Trinity Anglican Church

Holy Trinity Anglican Church

Holy Trinity Anglican Church was established at Miniota, Manitoba, in February 1900, as part of the Anglican Diocese of Rupert’s Land, with Reverend W. H. Cassup as First Rector. In 1924, the church became part of the Brandon Diocese. Services were first held in a hall over a hardware store, then at a neighboring Methodist Church. In 1908, a flour and feed store was purchased as a permanent place of worship and moved to its present location. Symptomatic of the gradual decline in rural population, parish membership has declined over the years – the church no longer is able to support a choir or Rector, but the church families remain committed to their spiritual center, and look forward to many more years of prayer and fellowship at Holy Trinity.

An MHS Centennial Organization Award was presented by Lieutenant-Governor John Harvard, Jacqueline Friesen, and Gordon Goldsborough on 3 April 2005.

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Holy Trinity Anglican Church (Miniota)

Page revised: 15 May 2011

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.