Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator (Elevator Road, RM of Headingley)
Two wooden grain elevators once stood at this site on the CPR Glenboro Subdivision in the Rural Municipality of Headingley. Elevator “A” was built around 1920 and was used into the 1980s. It was later moved to the Sturgeon Creek Hutterite Colony in the RM of Rosser, where it still stands today. Elevator “B” was built around 1953, with a capacity of 45,400 bushels, and was closed on 1 November 1996. It reopened temporarily in 1997 to handle grain displaced from the Red River Valley by a major flood but was demolished in March 1999.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Maps
Digital orthophotographs, Manitoba Land Initiative, Government of Manitoba.
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
Obituary [Roger G. Mudge], Winnipeg Free Press, 5 July 2003.
We thank Erik Horne for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough, Jean Ammeter, and Rudy Ammeter.
Page revised: 12 November 2017
Back to top of page