Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 140 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop

Manitoba History No. 88
Manitoba
History

No. 88

Pakistan Lecture 2019
Pakistan
Lunch &
Lecture

MHS Fundraising Dinner
MHS
Fundraising
Dinner

MHS Multicultural Dinner 2019
2019
Multicultural
Dinner

Spring Field Trip 2019
MHS
Spring
Field Trip

War Memorials in Manitoba
War
Memorials
in Manitoba

This Old Elevator
This Old
Elevator

Abandoned Manitoba
Abandoned
Manitoba

Memorable Manitobans
Memorable
Manitobans

Historic Sites of Manitoba
Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Manitoba Communities: Headingley (Rural Municipality)

Link to:
Population | Mayors / Reeves | Memorable Manitobans | Historic Sites | History Books | Photos & Maps | Sources

This municipality was named by cleric Griffith O. Corbett after his former parish in England, Headingley in Leeds.

Present Status

Rural Municipality of Headingley (9 May 1992)

Incorporation History

City of Winnipeg
Rural Municipality of Headingley (9 May 1992)

Adjoining Municipalities

Cartier, Macdonald, St. Francois Xavier, Winnipeg

Constituent Communities

Diamond, Murray Park, West Winnipeg

Land Area (square km)

107.27

Population

Year

Total

1996

1587

2001

1907

2006

2726

2011

3215

2016

3579

Reeves

Term

Reeve

1993-1995

Jarl J. Johner

1996-1999

John M. Curry

2000-2016

Wilfred Remi Taillieu (1948-2016)

2017-?

John Mauseth

Memorable Manitobans

Search the MHS collection of biographies for ones connected to Headingley:

Custom Search

Historic Sites

Go here for a list of historic sites in Headingley.

History Books

Go here for a list of history books for Headingley.

Maps

Sources

Geographic Names of Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation, 2000.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 17 September 2018

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2019 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.