Historic Sites of Manitoba: Hastings School No. 1853 (RM of Armstrong)
The Hastings School District was established in February 1917 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE33-21-2E in the Rural Municipality of Armstrong. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its catchment area became part of the Evergreen School Division.
Among the teachers of Hastings School was Anne Pidborochynski Yanchyshyn (1944-1945).
Cummin’s Rural Directory Map for Manitoba published by the Cummins Map Company, 404 Chambers of Commerce, Winnipeg, 1923. [Copies held by Edward M. Ledohowski and Gordon Goldsborough]
Arborg topographic map, 62I/14, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Manitoba Permit Teachers of World War II, compiled by Louisa Loeb, Winnipeg: Hyperion Press Ltd., 2007.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 April 2021