Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 140 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop

Endangered Top 10
Endangered
Top 10
2019

Manitoba History No. 89
Manitoba
History

No. 89

War Memorials in Manitoba
War
Memorials
in Manitoba

This Old Elevator
This Old
Elevator

Abandoned Manitoba
Abandoned
Manitoba

Memorable Manitobans
Memorable
Manitobans

Historic Sites of Manitoba
Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Halter Park (Winnipeg)

This park in Winnipeg, along both sides of Omand’s Creek west of Raglan Road and otherwise surrounded by Omand Park, was donated by businessman Aubrey J. Halter in commemoration of his father Maurice Halter.

Halter Park

Halter Park (October 2014)
Source: Nathan Kramer

Site Location (lat/long): N49.87954, W97.19155
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Maurice Halter (c1873-1962)

Memorable Manitobans: Aubrey Jay Halter (1918-2008)

Sources:

“A happy ending,” Winnipeg Free Press, 6 January 2003, page A5.

“An unforgettable character,” Winnipeg Free Press, 2 August 2005, page A12.

This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer.

Page revised: 14 October 2017

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2019 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.