This United church on Point Road in Winnipeg was designed by the local architectural firm of Ward and Macdonald and constructed in 1955.
Among the clerics who served at Fort Garry United was Michael John Victor “Jack” Shaver (seven years).
Manitoba Business: Prain and Ward / Ward and Macdonald / Macdonald, Cockburn, McLeod, and McFeetors / MCM Architects
A Study of the Church Buildings in Manitoba of the Congregational, Methodist, Presbyterian, and United Churches of Canada by Neil Bingham, Historic Resources Branch, Manitoba Culture Heritage and Recreation, 1987, page 243.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 31 October 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.