This five-storey brick and stone apartment block on Broadway in Winnipeg was designed by local architect John D. Atchison and built in 1908 by Davidson Brothers at a cost of $120,000. Demolished in January 1982, the site is now occupied by a parking lot.
Postcard view of the Devon Court Apartments (no date)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough, 2018-0057
Demolition of the Devon Court Apartments (December 1981)
Source: City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings and Resources Committee, HBRC1335
Demolition of the Devon Court Apartments (January 1982)
Source: City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings and Resources Committee, HBRC1449
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.88658, W97.14361
denoted by symbol on the map above
“Winnipeg’s big building development during 1908,” Winnipeg Tribune, 19 December 1908, page 31.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 4 September 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.