The Crystal River School District was established formally in March 1882 and a school building was later erected on the northeast quarter of 26-2-13 west of the Principal Meridian in what is now the Municipality of Cartwright-Roblin. It closed in 1961 and the remaining students went to Clearwater School No. 2324. The building was used for a time as a granary but was later deconstructed by a group of architecture students from the University of Manitoba. A metal sign at its former site commemorates the school.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.