Historic Sites of Manitoba: Clinton School No. 177 (RM of Elton)
The Clinton School District was established in July 1884 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE10-11-18W in the Rural Municipality of Elton. The district was dissolved in 1959 and its area became part of the Elton Municipal School District. The school closed permanently in 1965.
Among the noteworthy students of Clinton School was F. W. Crawford.
Brandon West topographic map, 62G/13 West, Edition 2, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Homesteaders and Homemakers: A History of Elton Municipality in its First Century by Elton Historical Committee, 1973. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.E48 Hom]
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 January 2015
Back to top of page