This three-story building at the intersection of Second Avenue and Main Street in Dauphin was constructed in 1917 for local businessman Joseph Clark. For many years, its main floor was occupied by the Bank of Montreal with residential suites on the second and third floors. After the bank moved to another building nearby, the space was occupied by several smaller businesses.
Clark Block (May 2014)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N51.15029, W100.04913
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: Joseph Clark (1859-1934)
Dauphin: An Architectural Walking Tour, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch, 2003.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 January 2016
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.