An impressive two-storey, brick structure in Emerson, in the Municipality of Emerson-Franklin, was built by local contractor David Wright in 1905 using concrete blocks. It was built for local pharmacist and municipal official Ezra Casselman and his family.
Casselman House (August 2013)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.00797, W97.20910
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Emerson Baptist Church (Third Street, Emerson, Municipality of Emerson-Franklin)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Emerson Presbyterian Church Manse (129 Park Street, Emerson, Municipality of Emerson-Franklin)
MHS Resources: Manitoba Bricks and Blocks
We thank Wayne Arseny for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 23 July 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.