Formerly located on Broadway Avenue in Killarney, a two-storey brick building was built in 1905 as a branch for the Bank of Hamilton. In 1923, the bank merged with the Canadian Bank of Commerce and became the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce after a 1961 merger with the Imperial Bank of Canada.
The bank closed on 24 September 1979 and moved to a newly constructed building across the street. Heavily renovated throughout the years, the former bank building was later occupied by an auto parts store. It was demolished sometime between 2015 and 2018.
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce Building at Killarney (no date)
Source: More Reflections, page 109.
The former Bank of Hamilton Building at Killarney (circa 2015)
Source: Ken Storie
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.18384, W99.66404
denoted by symbol on the map above
Manitoba Business: Bank of Hamilton
Manitoba Business: Canadian Bank of Commerce
More Reflections: R.M. of Turtle Mountain, Town of Killarney, 1982-2007 by Killarney History Book Committee, 2007.
This page was prepared by Jordan Makichuk, Ken Storie, and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 June 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.