An arch at The Forks in Winnipeg is based on a facade from an old Alloway and Champion bank building established by William F. Alloway and his partner Henry T. Champion. Nearby is a plaque describing how Alloway made the initial endowment that founded The Winnipeg Foundation.
Memorable Manitobans: William Forbes Alloway (1852-1930)
Memorable Manitobans: Henry Thomson Champion (1847-1916)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Alloway and Champion Bank Building (667 Main Street, Winnipeg)
This page was prepared by Maria Zbigniewicz, George Penner, and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 January 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.