Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Agriculture Lecture Block (38 Dafoe Road, Winnipeg)

This two-storey brick building on the Fort Garry Campus of the University of Manitoba was designed by local architect Victor Horwood and built in 1913 as a venue for delivering lectures by the staff of the Manitoba Agricultural College.

Agriculture Lecture Block

Agriculture Lecture Block (June 2020)
Source: Nathan Kramer

Agriculture Lecture Block

Agriculture Lecture Block (January 2021)
Source: Rose Kuzina

Agriculture Lecture Block

Agriculture Lecture Block (April 2021)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.80646, W97.13680
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Victor William Horwood (1878-1939)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Agricultural College / University of Manitoba (Fort Garry Campus, Winnipeg)

Sources:

We thank Rose Kuzina and George Penner for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Nathan Kramer.

Page revised: 30 December 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.