Manitoba Communities: Riverton (Unincorporated Village, Municipality of Bifrost-Riverton)
Known originally as Lundi, and later renamed Icelandic River for the river that bisects the community, this municipality was named Riverton in 1914.
Search the MHS collection of biographies for ones connected to Riverton:
“After fourth election Village of Riverton fills all council seats,” Winnipeg Free Press, 3 December 1990, page 3.
Geographic Names of Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation, 2000.
We thank Clif Evans for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 7 August 2017Back to top of page