Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Manitoba Business: Crystal City Courier

The Crystal City Courier was established in 1898, following the demise of The Rock Lake Herald established in 1881 by Thomas Greenway. In 1952, it was merged with the Pilot Mound Sentinel to form the Pilot Mound Sentinel-Courier.

Publishers

Period

Publisher

1898-1903

?

1903-?

Robert Henry Spedding (1850-1924)

?-1911

?

1911-1952

Thomas George “T.G.” McKitrick (1874-1953)

After 1952

See Pilot Mound Sentinel Courier

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Crystal City Printing Museum (218 Broadway Street South, Crystal City, Municipality of Louise)

Sources:

We thank Felix Kuehn for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and June Kaan.

Page revised: 30 September 2019

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.