Calling all history buffs
7 April 2006
Four local publishers are teaming up to host a Winnipeg Trivia Night for Manitoba Book Week on Wednesday, April 26 at 7:00 p.m. at Baileys Restaurant and Bar, 185 Lombard Avenue.
Audience members will put their wits to the test against five local authors in this Jeopardy-styled event to see who knows the most (or at least the oddest) bits of trivia about our fair city.
The authors are:
- Jack Bumsted, author of The Dictionary of Manitoba Biography, Fur Trade Wars and numerous other Manitoba history books published by University of Manitoba Press;
- David Arnason, editor of The Imagined City: A Literary History of Winnipeg published by Turnstone Press;
- Russ Gourluck, author of A Store Like No Other: Eatons of Winnipeg published by Great Plains Publications;
- Shelley Penziwol, author of Storm Signals: A History of Weather in Manitoba published by Great Plains Publications; and
- Ryszard Dubanski, author of Black Teeth and Other North End Souvenirs published by Signature Editions.
So join us for a ton of fun, lots of laughs, and a chance to win some great prizes! Admission is free, but the drinks are not.
For more information, or to sign up as a contestant, contact:
Marketing Coordinator, University of Manitoba Press
Phone: (204) 474-9495
Fax: (204) 474-7566
MHS News Archive