Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator (Wawanesa, Municipality of Oakland-Wawanesa)
A wooden grain elevator at Wawanesa, on the CNR Wawanesa Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of Oakland-Wawanesa, was built in 1927 and operated by Manitoba Pool Elevators. An annex was added to it in 1954 and the elevator was renovated in 1975. Closed around 1983 when the rail line was abandoned, the elevator was demolished in August 1985.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Coordinates
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
Sipiweske: Light Through the Trees, 100 Years of Wawanesa and District by Wawanesa and District History Book Committee, c1988, page 174.
Submission to the Grain Handling and Transportation Commission by Wawanesa and Rounthwaite Pool Locals, 10 December 1975, Reg Forbes Collection, 17-2002, Series II, Box 13, Brandon 1062. S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
Obituary [Gordon Andrew McLean], Brandon Sun, 9 November 1982, page 17.
We thank Janet Moore, Mike Lisowski, Joel Bouchard, and John Everitt for providing information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 31 March 2020