This church and its associated cemetery in the Municipality of Harrison Park was established in September 1937. Michael Swistun directed a volunteer construction crew and Olga Moroz, a noted icon painter, was commissioned in 1947 to paint many of the interior surfaces. It became a municipally-designated historic site in January 2003. Some restoration of the building was done as part of the Manitoba Prairie Icons Project.
Sts. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Orthodox Church (July 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N50.68264, W100.48488
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: Michael “Mike” Swistun (1901-1980)
Memorable Manitobans: Olga Evanchiew Moroz (1912-2006)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Prairie Churches Project / Manitoba Prairie Icons Project
Sts. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Orthodox Church, NW 33-19-22W, Seech Area, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 18 February 2019
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.