Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator (Stonewall)
A composite grain elevator at Stonewall, on the CPR Arborg Subdivision, was opened officially in September 1968 by Manitoba Pool Elevators, replacing an earlier elevator from 1928. Closed by Agricore United in October 2000, the facility was demolished in July 2003.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Coordinates
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
“Pool elevator under construction,” Stonewall Argus and Teulon Times, 3 July 1968, page 1.
“Manitoba farmers’ future lies in meat, not wheat,” Stonewall Argus and Teulon Times, 11 September 1968, page 1.
“Falling down,” Stonewall Argus and Teulon Times, 28 July 2003, page 1.
Burial transcriptions, Manitoba Genealogical Society.
This page was prepared by Matt Bialek and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 13 January 2020
Back to top of page