Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Federal Grain Elevator (Stockton, Municipality of Glenboro-South Cypress)

Link to:
Agents / Buyers | Photos & Coordinates | Sources

A wooden grain elevator once stood in the village of Stockton on the CPR Glenboro Subdivision in the Municipality of Glenboro-South Cypress. Built in 1912 by the Federal Grain Company, the 32,000-bushel facility consisted of the original elevator and an adjacent annex, a small separate office building, and a storage building for coal sold to heat local homes. The elevator closed in 1961 and was demolished in 1972.

Agents / Buyers

Period

Agent / Buyer

1912-1935

?

1935-1961

Allan “Tobe” Sutherland

Photos & Maps

Federal elevator at Stockton

Station and Federal grain elevator at Stockton (no date)
Source: Muriel Kenyon

Site Location (lat/long): N49.59040, W99.45188
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Muriel Kenyon.

Page revised: 21 February 2017

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.