This Anglican church at Brandon was built in 1907 as a mission of St. Matthew’s Anglican Cathedral.
Among the clerics of St. Mary’s Anglican was Francis James Ison (1932-1934).
Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Matthew’s Anglican Cathedral (403 Thirteenth Street, Brandon)
“The city of Brandon’s magnificent churches,” Brandon Weekly Sun, 25 July 1907, page 43.
“St. Mary’s mission church,” Brandon Weekly Sun, 29 August 1907, page 31.
We thank Chris Ryal for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 24 March 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.