Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. James Anglican Rectory (263 Emma Street, Neepawa)

This two-storey house on Emma Street in Neepawa was built in 1898 by Jones and Fusee. It is thought to have been used as the rectory for St James Anglican Church until its closure in 2020 although the building is still owned by the Anglican Diocese of Brandon. It is listed as historically significant by the Town of Neepawa and the Neepawa Heritage Committee.

St. James Anglican Rectory

St. James Anglican Rectory (June 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.22552, W99.46636
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. James Anglican Church (535 Mountain Avenue, Neepawa)

Sources:

This page was prepared by George Penner and S. Goldsborough.

Page revised: 1 July 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.