Anglican settlers in the Marringhurst area of Manitoba built this church in 1889, under the direction of George Stewart of Dry River. In 1916 the building was moved to its present site in Glenora, in the Rural Municipality of Argyle. Designated as a municipal historic site in September 1987, the building was renovated in the early 2000s as part of the Manitoba Prairie Churches Project.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Prairie Churches Project / Manitoba Prairie Icons Project
St. Georges Anglican, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch
This page was prepared by Ed Grassick and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 7 December 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.