Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (Wawanesa, Municipality of Oakland-Wawanesa)

This wood frame structure on Cliff Street in Wawanesa, in the Municipality of Oakland-Wawanesa, was built in 1892. It became a Union Church in 1912 and a United Church in 1925. The first wedding ceremony performed in the church, in August 1896, was between Nellie Letitia Mooney and Robert Wesley McClung. A plaque commemorating this event is displayed outside the building, which has been converted to a private residence.

The former St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church

The former St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (July 2018)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.59420, W99.68750
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Nellie Letitia McClung (1873-1951)

Memorable Manitobans: Robert Wesley McClung (1871-1958)

Sources:

This page was prepared by George Penner.

Page revised: 16 May 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.