The Shillinglaw House was the first residence in Brandon’s East End and is now one of only two pre-1900 houses remaining in the neighbourhood. The building was associated for more than 75 years with architect and city engineer Walter Henderson Shillinglaw. It is a municipally designated heritage building (2003).
Memorable Manitobans: Walter Henderson Shillinglaw (1864-1957)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Shillinglaw House, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 29 January 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.