Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Shewan House (252 Eighth Street, Brandon)

This one-storey brick residence on Eighth Street in Brandon was built in 1927 for businessman Lloyd Douglas Shewan. He lived here until 1933. His father Alexander Shewan (1866-1947) resided here until 1937 when the building was purchased by pharmacist Alexander M. Brown who lived here until 1949.

Shewan House

Shewan House (March 2021)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.84577, W99.94889
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Lloyd Douglas Shewan (1898-1956)

Sources:

252 8th Street, Heritage Brandon.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 15 July 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.