A pair of silos south of Marchand, in the Rural Municipality of La Broquerie, are all that remains of a “package farm” sold in the 1920s by entrepreneur Watson P. Davidson to farmer Amos Schau and his family. The barn was destroyed in a September 1931 fire.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Davidson Ranch / Manitoba Dairy Farms (Marchand, RM of La Broquerie)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Carter Farm Silo (RM of La Broquerie)
Memorable Manitobans: Watson Pogue Davidson (1871-1954)
Manitoba Dairy Farms Limited Collection, P7039, Archives of Manitoba.
We thank Alvin Wiens, Tim Wiens, Ernest Braun, and Glen Klassen for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 24 June 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.