Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ross Lake School (Adams Street, Flin Flon)
In 1935, the Ross Lake School in Flin Flon was constructed by the Hudson Bay Mining and Smelting Company and sold to the Flin Flon School District for the sum of $1. The school closed in 1977 and the building was used for a time as office space by the school board. It was demolished in July 2003.
Photos & Coordinates
School District Formation Files [Flin Flon School District No. 2228], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.
“Flin Flon schools’ staff convene,” Winnipeg Free Press, 18 March 1944, page 4.
“Manitobans to teach in U.K.,” Winnipeg Free Press, 29 August 1968, page 15.
Flin Flon by Valerie Hedman, Loretta Yauck, and Joyce Henderson for the Flin Flon Historical Society, 1974. [Legislative Library of Manitoba, F5649.F65 Hed]
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Paige Kowal for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 30 April 2021