The Rosewood School District was organized formally in April 1876 and a school operated on the northeast quarter of 14-9-6 east of the Principal Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of Tache. The present building was erected around 1925. The school closed around 1967 after which the building was used as a private residence.
The original Rosewood School building (no date) by R. Goulet
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-1, page 3.
The former Rosewood School building (circa 1986)
Source: Historic Resources Branch, Public School Buildings Inventory, slide 1367.
The former Rosewood School building (March 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.75146, W96.66220
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
A Study of Public School Buildings in Manitoba by David Butterfield, Historic Resources Branch, Manitoba Department of Culture, Heritage and Tourism, 1994, 230 pages.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 14 August 2015
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.