Historic Sites of Manitoba: Rose Ridge School No. 2205 (Municipality of Grandview)
The Rose Ridge School District was established formally in July 1929. A school building operated on the northwest quarter of 33-24-25 west of the Principal Meridian in what is now the Municipality of Grandview. It closed in 1964 when it was consolidated into Halton Consolidated School No. 2432. The building is no longer present at the site but a monument erected in July 1984 commemorates it.
Among the teachers of Rose Ridge School were A. E. Newton and Miss Verna Storey (1930s).
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
The School District of Pozir #2206 by the Pozir School and District Reunion Committee, April 1998, page 8.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 30 August 2017
Back to top of page