Historic Sites of Manitoba: Rosenort School No. 60 (Rosenort, RM of Morris)
The Rosenort School District was formally established in November 1878 and a school building operated in the northeast quarter of 31-5-1 east of the Principal Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of Morris. In 1914, it consolidated with Rosenhoff School No. 61 to form the Rosenort Consolidated School No. 60. It became Rosenort Consolidated School No. 2455 in 1967. In September 2015, a sign commemorating the school was erected at the original site.
Among the other teachers of Rosenort School was Gerhard Peter Neufeld.
Photos & Coordinates
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Aerial photograph A11638-83 , Manitoba Air Photo Library.
We thank Mariette Allen for assistance in locating an aerial photograph of Rosenort School, and Nathan Kramer for providing additional information.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 27 December 2019
Back to top of page