This residence, built in 1911 in the Rural Municipality of Woodlands for farmer Lorne Robertson, features an unusually thick foundation and walls covered with two layers of facing boards for extra strength. It is a municipally-designated heritage building (2001).
Robertson House (no date)
Source: Manitoba Historic Resources Branch
Site of the Robertson House (November 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.07535, W97.79846
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Robertson House (47 Harvard Avenue, Winnipeg)
Robertson House, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 29 January 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!