Historic Sites of Manitoba: Riverbend School No. 1176 (RM of Dauphin)
The Riverbend School District was established in February 1902 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NW22-26-19W in the Rural Municipality of Dauphin. In 1965, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Dauphin Town School District No. 905 and later the Dauphin Ochre School Division.
Among the teachers of Riverbend School were Mary Urbanovitch (1930s) and John Urichen (1954-1958).
“Teaching staffs named for “A” and “B” groups,” Dauphin Herald and Press, 9 September 1954, page 1.
“Record-breaking enrollments expected here in collegiate, elementary schools,” Dauphin Herald and Press, 1 September 1955, page 1.
“All-time high enrollments expected for town schools,” Dauphin Herald and Press, 30 August 1956, page 1.
“Town schools open today, high enrollments expected,” Dauphin Herald and Press, 29 August 1957, page 1.
Sifton East topographic map, 62N/8 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 23 March 2021