Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator (Rhodes, Municipality of Killarney-Turtle Mountain)

A wooden grain elevator at the railway siding of Rhodes, on the CPR Napinka Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of Killarney-Turtle Mountain, was built in 1928 by Manitoba Pool Elevators. Closed in 1967, the elevator was sold for demolition.

Aerial view of Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Rhodes

Aerial view of Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Rhodes (1967)
Source: Manitoba Air Photo Library, A19904-220

Former Manitoba Pool grain elevator from Rhodes near Wellwood

Former Manitoba Pool grain elevator from Rhodes near Wellwood (July 1988) by John Everitt
Source: S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University, John Everitt Collection, JCE-0233

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.20275, W99.79918
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Financial support for research reported on this page was provided by the Manitoba Heritage Grants Program (grant 19F-H51134, 2019-2020).

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Denis Sabourin (Denis Sabourin Geomatics).

Page revised: 30 March 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.