Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Queens Valley School No. 1034 (RM of Springfield)

The Queens Valley School District was organized formally in April 1899 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NW31-10-8E in the Rural Municipality of Springfield. The district was dissolved in 1966 and its catchment area became part of the Anola Consolidated School District and later the Transcona-Springfield School Division.

Queens Valley School

Queens Valley School (no date) by R. Goulet
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-2, page 44.

Site Location (lat/long): N49.88454, W96.49917
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

School District Formation Files [Queens Valley School District No. 1034], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 25 May 2018

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.