Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Peach School (RM of Mountain)

The map location shown for this Historic Site of Manitoba is APPROXIMATE.
If you know its exact location, please contact us at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

The Peach School was established in 1948 as a Special School District and operated for ten years at SE36-43-26W in the Rural Municipality of Mountain. Among the teachers of Peach School were Mrs. Nellie D. Campbell (1948-1949), Miss Doreen Dickson, Mrs. McKay, Mrs. Ardington, Mr. Dyck, and Miss Lyons (1958-1959). It closed permanently in June 1959 due to low student enrollment.

Peach School

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N52.74221, W101.09850
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

Boots, Buggies & Buses: Swan Valley Schools in Quest of Education, Swan Valley School Division No. 35, circa 1998.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 1 May 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.