Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator (Osborne, RM of Macdonald)
A 30,000-bushel wooden grain elevator at Osborne, on the CPR La Riviere Subdivision in the Rural Municipality of Macdonald, was built in 1940 by Manitoba Pool Elevators. In 1948, it was demolished and rebuilt as a 40,000-bushel elevator. A crib annex was built beside it in 1956, increasing the total capacity to 100,000 bushels. Closed in August 1971, the elevator was used to store seed and supplies until 1986. It was later removed from the site and its annex was moved to McTavish in 1988.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Coordinates
Obituary [C. E. Griffiths], Winnipeg Free Press, 29 November 1977, page 152.
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archive, Brandon University.
Hugging the Meridian, Macdonald: A Manitoba Municipal History, 1881-1981 by Betty Dyck, page 69.
Page revised: 18 January 2020
Back to top of page