This wood frame building on Stephen Street in Morden was constructed in 1885 for a Presbyterian congregation. It is the oldest non-residential building in the city but is no longer used as a church.
Among the clerics who worked at this church was Charles Foulsham Laine (1937).
Former Presbyterian Church at Morden (August 2018)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.19003, W98.10588
denoted by symbol on the map above
Morden's Mansions, Morden Historical Society, 1982.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
Page revised: 8 September 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!