The McDavid School District was organized in March 1903 and a one-classroom schoolhouse operated at NE34-10-6E in the Rural Municipality of Springfield. In 1965, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Anola Consolidated School District and later the Transcona-Springfield School Division. The former school building was moved to the site of the Anola and District Museum.
McDavid School (no date) by R. Goulet
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-2, page 82.
The buildings for McDavid School (left), Anola School (centre), and Uppingham School (1968)
Source: Archives of Manitoba, Architectural Survey, Anola.
Site Location (lat/long): N49.88489, W96.68380
denoted by symbol on the map above
Dugald East topographic map, 62H/15, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 8 August 2014
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.