Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 139 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop


MHS
Fall 2018
Field Trip


Manitoba
History

No. 87


This Old
Elevator


Abandoned
Manitoba


Memorable
Manitobans


Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Historic Sites of Manitoba: McCreary House / Cantin House (411 First Avenue, McCreary, Municipality of McCreary)

This building in McCreary, in the Municipality of McCreary, was built in 1903 as McCreary House, a boarding house for travelers along the nearby Burrows Trail. It later became the private residence of the Cantin family. Exterior renovations have entailed removal of its original verandah. In 2015, it was commemorated with a plaque in the Memorable Manitobans: The Homes program.

Cantin House

Cantin House (June 2013)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Cantin House

Cantin House (June 2013)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Cantin House

Commemorative plaque at the Cantin House (October 2017)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N50.77297, W99.49153
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

411 First Street, McCreary Historical Sites.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 19 October 2017

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2018 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.