Historic Sites of Manitoba: Victoria Methodist Church / Knox United Church / First Christian Reform Church (1509 Victoria Avenue, Brandon)
Clerics | Photos & Coordinates | Sources
Brandon architect William Alexander Elliott designed the Victoria Methodist Church that stands at the northwest corner of Victoria Avenue and Fifteenth Street. Completed between 1909 and 1910, the church joined with Knox Presbyterian Church in 1925 and the combined congregation used this building under the new name Knox United Church. In 1954, the building was sold to the congregation of the First Christian Reform Church, who continue to worship here.
Photos & Coordinates
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Knox Presbyterian Church (1436 Victoria Avenue, Brandon)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: First Methodist Church (Lorne Avenue, Brandon)
This page was prepared by George Penner.
Page revised: 25 April 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.