Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Knox Presbyterian Church (Roland, RM of Roland)

In 1895, a Presbyterian Church was built at this site in Roland in the Rural Municipality of Roland. Its first minister was Rev. G. C. Little and a dedication ceremony on 20 November 1895 was presided over by Carman cleric R. G. MacBeth. The last service was held on 25 December 1966 and the church was dissolved officially on 1 March 1979. The building was demolished in 1980 but a commemorative plaque stands at the site.

Knox Presbyterian Church commemorative plaque

Knox Presbyterian Church commemorative plaque (June 2017)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N49.36616, W97.93936
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 11 June 2017

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.