Principals | Vice-Principals | Teachers | Photos & Coordinates | Sources
The Inglis School District was established in August 1923 and a school building operated in Inglis in what is now the Rural Municipality of Riding Mountain West.
Among the teachers who worked at Inglis School were Mildred Edith Richarda Dowd, James Andrew McKaughan, and Marjorie G. Dance.
Photos & Maps
Inglis School (no date) by H. L. Albright
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 95.
The former Inglis School building, now used as office space (August 2013)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N50.94825, W101.25077
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Lynn Jones and Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 December 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.