Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Hyde Park School No. 916 (RM of Dufferin)

The Hyde Park School District was established in October 1897 and a log school building was constructed at NW3-7-7W in the Rural Municipality of Dufferin. It closed in 1910 and its catchment area was consolidated with Roseisle School District the following year. No vestige of the school remains at the site but a commemorative sign was installed by the Carman/Dufferin Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee.

Hyde Park School commemorative sign

Hyde Park School commemorative sign (September 2018)
Source: Art Peers

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.54702, W98.34352
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

School Bells & Honey Pails: A GPS Tour of Local Country Schools, Dufferin Historical Museum, circa 2011, 74 pages.

We thank Ina Bramadat, Shirley Snider, and Art Peers for providing information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 3 May 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.