This lengthy concrete beam bridge over the Souris River in the Municipality of Two Borders near Coulter, now on an abandoned portion of Provincial Trunk Highway 251, was constructed in 1931 by local contractors James Robertson (1880-1970) and John James Morrow. It was used until the 1960s when a new highway route was built to the south.
Concrete beam bridge over Souris River (June 2008)
Source: Manny Jacob
Concrete beam bridge over Souris River (September 2019)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.09099, W100.94737
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: John James Morrow (1874-1962)
Our First Century: Town of Melita and Municipality of Arthur by Melita-Arthur History Committee, 1983, pages 402, 634, 700.
This page was prepared by George Penner, Manny Jacob, and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 10 June 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.